Spring – Summer 2020
Online Taiji class:
- Tues and Thurs 10 to 11am is a class of warming-up movement, qigong, meditation and 8 Forms
- Tues and Thurs 11 – 12 noon is based on learning or refining 24 Forms movements.
- To participate you need to download Zoom.us which is a free application.
- You also need to do this with a device with a camera. We need to see each other.
- Please register via the Contact page.
- The fee for the 10-11am class is a donation the the United Way Community Support fund.
- The fee for the 11-12 class is $10
Taiji classes at the Thunder Bay 55 Plus Centre are cancelled till further notice.
- 24 Forms – Intermediate
- Advancing Taiji
For information about other Taiji classes you can follow the links below:
Taijiquan; The Art of Nurturing the Science of Power
Dr. Yang Yang has been a major influence in my study of Taiji. His book, Taijiquan; The Art of Nurturing the Science of Power is an elegant presentation that brings together traditional Chinese taiji theory with the western scientific perspective. Dr. Yang is both a master of the Chen Style of Taiji and has a PhD in Kinesiology. I recommend this book for anyone who wants to understand more of the ideas behind taijiquan.