Awareness Through Movement® (ATM™)
Classes are all online till things return to a new normal
Fridays 11am-12pm beginning March 27, 2020
Mondays 7-8pm beginning March 30, 2020
We will meet online using Zoom.us
- The class will be free for awhile.
- You will need to download Zoom to your computer or device. It is also free.
- Zoom is a video-conferencing application that allows us to see each other and speak to each other.
- When you have established your Zoom account you will be able to join the class.
- If you want to try it please send me an email and then I will send you the link for the class.
- A few people have trouble getting started. I can help.
- I am also available for private lessons using Zoom.
The 55 Plus Centre is closed
- Introduction to the Feldenkrais Method
- Fridays 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm
This class will be very suitable for you if movement has become limited because you somehow have stopped moving much. Maybe pain or the fear of pain is stopping you from doing the things you used to love. Improve the ease and efficiency of your movement with gentle interesting explorations. You can do way more than you think and with less effort than you expect. Each class is a “one off” in the sense that you do not need to have done the previous class to understand what is involved in the current class. That means, if you want to drop in to find out what it is like you will not be behind the other participants. If you miss a class you will not fall behind.
Functional Integration® (FI™) Lessons
These private lessons take into account your particular personal goals and conditions. If you are dealing with pain or have a very specific things you want to do better, it is best way to begin.
- Sessions are about one hour
- Fee is $50
- 30 minute consultation is free
- To make an appointment phone Oliver at 345-6209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Make the impossible possible, make the possible easy, and make the easy elegant.”
Very often students tell me that issues with their feet, knees, hips, back, shoulders, neck have improved. “Doing the Feldenkrais lessons is the only thing that has changed in my weekly routine, so it must be that these lessons are resulting in improvement. How can such small movements have such a big result?”
Sometimes there are rapid improvements and more often there is a gradual improvement as you learn to recognize what you are doing, and as you add new options.
The word “holistic” has become almost a cliche but here is a way of working through movement that is truly holistic. We recognize that we are working with our whole self rather than with parts.
We human beings are learners – it’s what our brains have evolved for. Maybe the fountain of youth is openess to new experiences, willingness to expand the frontiers of what we can be.
There are many pleasant discoveries waiting for you when you return to learning by trying new things without worry about failure. It’s the way you learned to walk, to ride a bike or to do the kind of activities where time just passes without your noticing because it is just so deeply enjoyably engaging.