Awareness Through Movement® (ATM™)
Classes are still online till things return to a new normal
Beginning September 28, 2020 this is the new class schedule:
- Mondays 7pm Eastern Time
- Wednesdays 11am Eastern Time
- Fridays 2:30 pm Eastern Time
We will meet online using Zoom.us
- The classes cost $5 per class. You can keep track of how many classes you have attended and at the end of the month or some suitable time you can send a cheque or drop some money in my mailbox, or email me via the contact page about how to transfer money.
- Register with me using Contact
- You will need to download Zoom to your computer or device. It is free.
- Zoom is a video-conferencing application that allows us to see each other and speak to each other.
- When you have established your Zoom account you will be able to join the class.
- I am also available for private lessons using Zoom.
FYI the 55 Plus Centre is open as of September 21, 2020
- Introduction to the Feldenkrais Method
- Fridays 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
This class will be very suitable for you if movement has become limited because you somehow have stopped moving much. Maybe pain or the fear of pain is stopping you from doing the things you used to love. Improve the ease and efficiency of your movement with gentle interesting explorations. You can do way more than you think and with less effort than you expect. Each class is a “one off” in the sense that you do not need to have done the previous class to understand what is involved in the current class. That means, if you want to drop in to find out what it is like you will not be behind the other participants. If you miss a class you will not fall behind.
Functional Integration® (FI™) Lessons
These private lessons take into account your particular personal goals and conditions. If you are dealing with pain or have a very specific things you want to do better, it is best way to begin.
- Sessions are about one hour
- Fee is $50
- 30 minute consultation is free
- To make an appointment phone Oliver at 345-6209 or email email@example.com
“Make the impossible possible, make the possible easy, and make the easy elegant.”
Very often students tell me that issues with their feet, knees, hips, back, shoulders, neck have improved. “Doing the Feldenkrais lessons is the only thing that has changed in my weekly routine, so it must be that these lessons are resulting in improvement. How can such small movements have such a big result?”
Sometimes there are rapid improvements and more often there is a gradual improvement as you learn to recognize what you are doing, and as you add new options.
The word “holistic” has become almost a cliche but here is a way of working through movement that is truly holistic. We recognize that we are working with our whole self rather than with parts.
We human beings are learners – it’s what our brains have evolved for. Maybe the fountain of youth is openess to new experiences, willingness to expand the frontiers of what we can be.
There are many pleasant discoveries waiting for you when you return to learning by trying new things without worry about failure. It’s the way you learned to walk, to ride a bike or to do the kind of activities where time just passes without your noticing because it is just so deeply enjoyably engaging.